If there’s anything crafters are good at, it’s making awesome things and making things awesome. We think it’s safe to say that Tranae of Becoming Fab knows how to do just that. She gave a plain mesh wastebasket the ultimate makeover with strands of colorful yarn. So clever!
After featuring it in Issue #15, we loved it so much that we had to share it here as well. Take it away, Tranae!
Learn how to turn a $4 waste basket into a fabulous planter!
1. Gather 4 strings of yarn together and tie a knot at the end.
2. Wrap a small amount of tape on the other end of the yarn to make weaving easier.
3. Weave the yarn between the wire grids of the wastebasket until desired pattern is completed.
4. Line the wastebasket with a plastic liner or trash bag to prevent leaking.
5. Insert your plant & you’re done!
Do not throw away that old wastebasket just yet! With this easy weaving technique, you can transform it into a stylish and unique piece of decor.
Not only will you be helping the environment by repurposing an old item, but you’ll also have a fun and rewarding DIY project to show off to your friends. So grab some materials and get weaving! Your wastebasket will thank you for the makeover.