This set of two little birds will look lovely sitting on a shelf or hanging gently in the breeze. They are the best of friends and show their affection by giving gifts of handpicked flowers.
This is a super easy and quick project to make, especially for beginners. With a little adult supervision they are a great paper DIY for kids, too.
Have fun and print as many as you like – they would make lovely little gifts!
- Scissors or craft knife
- Double-sided tape or glue
- Cotton thread (for hanging birds)
- 8.5 x 11″ white inkjet paper and access to a printer
- Download the 2 files here (pink) and here (blue). Print each little bird on 8.5 x 11 inkjet quality paper, set your printer to 100% size, inkjet quality print. Alternatively you can take the files to your local print shop.
- Using scissors or a craft knife, cut out your two little birds.
- Carefully crease along the bottom of each bird as indicated.
- Apply a strip of double sided tape to the top inside of your little bird’s head.
- If you want to hang them, now is the time to add your length of cotton by sticking it onto the tape or glue (I have indicated where the cotton should be positioned).
- Finally, glue the two halves of each head together. Finished!
And there you have it!
With this charming little love bird paper DIY, you’ll have a flock of love birds in no time. So go ahead, get crafty, and spread some love.
And who knows, with these adorable little paper birds around, maybe you’ll even attract your very own love bird!