Yep, I went there. And it was probably the best idea I’ve had in the kitchen in a very, very long time.
The idea is pretty simple really—just stuffing marshmallow creme and chocolate chips inside a homemade toaster pastry—and I can’t believe it actually took me this long to do!
They really do taste just like s’more pop tarts and are actually quite simple to make.
You need to get on the pop tart bandwagon…stat.
Do yourself a favor and make these this weekend.
Homemade S’more Pop Tarts
This recipe makes about 10 pop tarts.
- 1 recipe flaky pie dough
- 1 cup marshmallow cream
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 egg, lightly beaten with 2 tsp warm water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll out pie dough on a floured surface to 1/8th inch thick and using a toaster pastry cutter or a knife, cut into six inch rectangles. Place rectangles on a lined baking sheet.
- Stuff marshmallow creme inside a small plastic bag, seal and snip off the tip. Pipe two inches of creme in the centers of half of the pastry squares, making sure you leave a half inch around so you can seal pop tarts. Next to the marshmallow creme blobs, place a line of five or six chocolate chips.
- Brush egg wash around corners of rectangles and then place a plain pastry piece of top, pressing down gently to seal. Brush tops with more egg wash.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden.
- 30 minutes, not including time to make dough
Why settle for boring old breakfast pastries when you can make your own decadent S’more pop tarts in the comfort of your own kitchen? Not only are these treats fun to make, but they’re also a delicious way to start your day.
Plus, you can customize them to your liking by adding your favorite toppings, such as sprinkles or chocolate chips.
And if you’re feeling extra adventurous, you can even experiment with different filling flavors, like peanut butter or Nutella.
Say goodbye to boring breakfasts and hello to a new level of deliciousness with these S’more pop tarts. Get creative, have fun, and indulge in the ultimate breakfast treat!