Are you tired of spending a fortune on makeup remover pads that are filled with harsh chemicals and come in wasteful packaging? Look no further than this easy and inexpensive DIY solution!
With just a few simple materials that you likely already have lying around the house, you can create your own gentle and effective makeup remover pads that will leave your skin feeling fresh and clean.
Plus, by opting for reusable cloth pads instead of disposable wipes, you’ll be doing your part to reduce your environmental footprint.
So why not give it a try and see how easy and satisfying it can be to take control of your beauty routine?
These DIY Make Up Remover Pads are soft and gentle on your skin, but still do a great job of removing make-up. Your skin will feel fresh and clean afterward.
The best part? They cost less than $1 per jar to make!
- Wide mouth pint mason jar
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2 tablespoons baby shampoo (no-tears such as Johnson & Johnson)
- ¼ teaspoon baby oil
- Large round cotton pads
- Optional: A couple drops of geranium or lavender essential oil, both of which are good for your skin
1. Mix the water, shampoo and baby oil in a measuring cup.
2. Pour a little bit into the canning jar and place about 5 or 6 pads on top. Gently press down until the pads absorb the liquid.
3. Continue adding liquid and pads until the jar is full. I used about 40 pads.
With just a few simple steps and affordable materials, you can make your very own makeup remover pads that are gentle on your skin and easy on your wallet.
Not only will you feel proud of your DIY skills, but you’ll also have the satisfaction of knowing you’re making a positive impact on the environment by reducing your use of single-use makeup wipes.
So go ahead and give it a try – your face (and wallet) will thank you!