Are you craving something sweet but don’t feel like turning on the oven? Look no further than these super easy no bake chocolate oatmeal cookies!
No bake, one pot, quick and easy chocolaty goodness. These cookies are really more like peanut butter fudge with a little oatmeal thrown in – you know, for extra health benefits.
With just a few simple ingredients, you can whip up a batch of these delicious cookies in no time. All you need is some butter, sugar, cocoa powder, milk, vanilla extract, quick oats, and peanut butter.
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 3-4 Tablespoons cocoa
- 1 stick butter
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 ½ cups 1-minute oats (uncooked)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Salt (a dash)
- In 2-quarter saucepan, stir together first 3 ingredients. Add butter and heat to boiling.
- Boil while stirring constantly, for 1 minute after butter melts.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter, uncooked oats, salt, and vanilla.
- Drop by tablespoon onto waxed paper or parchment paper. Cookies will firm up as they cool.
- Be sure to cook at a full boil – not just a simmer – for the entire minute.
- Regular oats may be used for a chewier texture.
- Sometimes, high humidity will prevent these cookies from setting up. Best to make on non-rainy days.
These cookies are perfect for those times when you need a sweet treat but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. They are also a great option for hot summer days when you don’t want to heat up your house with the oven.
And the best part? You can customize them to your liking by adding in your favorite mix-ins like chopped nuts, dried fruit, or even mini marshmallows.
So what are you waiting for? Grab your ingredients and get ready to make these super easy no bake chocolate oatmeal cookies. Your taste buds will thank you!