This recipe is simple, quick, and way better than we ever expected. You’ll be digging right in with a spoon, straight out of the skillet!
- 8 tbsp salted butter (add ¼ Tsp. salt for non-salted butter)
- ½ c granulated sugar
- ¼ c light brown sugar (packed)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 ½ c all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 c milk chocolate morsels
- Vanilla ice cream & chocolate syrup (optional)
Serving: This recipe is for two cookies, so make sure you’re putting half of the mixture in each skillet.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Over low to medium heat, melt butter in 2- 4” cast iron skillets.
- Remove from heat and whisk in sugars and vanilla.
- Allow to slightly cool for 5 minutes.
- Once cool, whisk egg into the mixture.
- Stir in flour and baking soda (and salt if you’re adding it) until completely mixed.
- Carefully fold in chocolate morsels.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until top is lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle with chocolate syrup.
In conclusion, if you’re looking for a way to indulge in a delicious dessert that will satisfy your sweet tooth, look no further than an iron skillet chocolate chip cookie! Not only is it easy to make, but the warm and gooey texture paired with the rich chocolatey flavor will have you treating yourself to seconds (and maybe even thirds!) 😉
So go ahead, grab a glass of cold milk and your fave vanilla ice cream, and treat yourself to a mouth-watering iron skillet chocolate chip cookie today!